Easy Checkerboard Cake
Makes 1 large cake
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease 3 x 22cm diameter baking pans.
- Make the chocolate and vanilla batters.
- Fill two large icing bags, fitted with plain large nozzles with the two batters. Start with the chocolate batter and pipe a circle around the outer edge of the pan.
- Use the vanilla batter and pipe a second circle right next to and on the inside of the chocolate circle. Repeat the process once more ending with a chocolate circle. Do the same with pan number two. For pan number three start with the vanilla batter first and end with a small vanilla circle in the middle.
- Bake cakes as per recipe. Stack cake layers as shown in the picture, alternating with chocolate and vanilla cakes. Use filling of your choice.
You need 3 x 22cm diameter pans for this cake.