Pastry Cones with Crème Pâtissière
This recipe was developed for catering purposes - makes 80 cones
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Sift the flour, salt and cream of tartar together.
- Rub butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix the water, egg yolks and vinegar together.
- Add to flour mixture and mix to smooth dough.
- Roll out dough into a rectangular shape to a thickness of 3 mm.
- Cut into 2.5 cm wide x 26 cm strips.
- Turn the strips around the cones, starting at the pointed end, making sure the strips overlap.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow cooling and remove from cones.
- Mix the egg, flour and vanilla essence with a little of the milk to a smooth paste.
- Boil the remaining milk, sugar and butter together.
- Add the flour mixture to the boiling milk while stirring all the time.
- Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Leave to cool.
- Fill the cones with crème pâtissière and dust with icing sugar.
Estimated costing, mark-up & suggested selling price
|Electricity / refrigeration:||R 6.00|
|Total expenses:||R 74.75|
|Recommended profit:||R 125.25|
|Recommended selling price per cone (R200.00 divided by 80 cones):||R 2.50|
|*Should you use serviettes or paper plates for packaging, remember to include this in your cost|