Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 12 – 15 rolls
1 000 ml (4 cups) cake wheat flour
40 ml (8 t) baking powder
10 ml (2 t) salt
100 g butter, softened
375 ml (1 ½ cups) full cream milk
45 ml (3 T) Huletts Molasses
2 extra large eggs
45 ml (3 T) Huletts Maple syrup
45 ml (3 T) fresh cream
250 ml (1 cup) toasted pecan nuts, ½ cup blended, ½ cup finely chopped
30 ml (2 T) ground cinnamon
250 ml (1 cup) Huletts Icing sugar
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Maple Syrup
60 ml (4 T) Huletts Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. 1 x Greased large baking tray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the butter to the flour and work the butter into the flour using your fingertips.
- In a separate bowl add the milk, molasses and eggs and beat well. Pour into the flour and butter mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll the dough into a large rectangle.
- Mix the maple syrup, cream, nuts and cinnamon together in a small bowl and spread evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long sausage, so that when the roll is sliced the swirl of the filling is visible.
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Icing: Mix the icing sugar with just enough hot water to make piping consistency. Add either the maple or the chocolate syrup to the icing, or make both icings. Pour into ziplock bags, snip off a corner and drizzle the icing over the rolls when cool.
TIP: You may add jam or chocolate chips to your filling for a differently flavoured roll.