Rugby Ball Cake
Double quantity of Basic Sponge Cake ingredients
- Cut square cakes in half and sandwich three layers together with plain icing. (Keep the fourth half for small iced cakes or freeze for later use.)
- Cut the corners from the cake, and gradually cut the cake to form an oval rugby-ball shape.
- Spread the entire cake with plain icing using a flat-bladed knife (dip the blade into hot water for a smooth icing finish).
- Pipe the stripes on the rugby ball as seen on the picture using a icing bag fitted with a plain nozzle or use a knife.
- Pipe the word 'Rugby' on the ball with melted chocolate.