Stuffed Rolled Roast Beef with Sweet Onion Gravy
Serves 6 - 8
1 x 1.2 – 2 kg beef sirloin, rolled
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C. 1 x Roasting pan with lid
- Untie the beef sirloin and lay it flat on a board, fat side down.
- Spread the blanched spinach evenly over the beef.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and mixed spice over the spinach and then sprinkle the parsley and currants evenly over the spinach.
- Roll up the beef sirloin and tie securely with string.
- Place the onions in the roasting pan and sprinkle the sugar over the onions.
- Lay the roast on top and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add the water, cover the roasting pan with the lid and place in the oven to roast for +/- 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Pour the onion and juices from the roasting pan into a small saucepan.
- Mix the soup powder with a 125ml (½cup) of water, add to the saucepan and simmer while stirring to make the gravy.
- Serve with roast potatoes and vegetables of your choice.