Grandma's Malva Pudding
- Cream butter and sugar together, beat in the egg until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the apricot jam.
- Dissolve the bicarb in the milk.
- Sift the flour and salt together and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Lastly stir in the vinegar.
- Pour into a deep round dish about 19cm diameter. Cover the dish with a lid or foil and then bake for 1 hour at 180°C.
- Bring the butter, sugar and water to the boil and simmer, stirring all the time for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and then add the cream and the vanilla. Pour over the hot baked pudding.