125 g butter
260 g (500 ml) Huletts Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line muffin tins with paper cups
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add alternately to the creamed mixture with the milk and vanilla essence. It should be a soft dropping consistency. If mixture is too thick add a little more milk.
- Spoon mixture into the lined tins filling until three-quarters full
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool and ice with glace icing. Decorate with a sprig of sugared lavender
- Makes 12 – 18 cup cakes depending on size
For the icing:
- Sift the icing sugar and add enough water to make a smooth spreading consistency
- Add the essence and colouring. Dip a skewer into the bottle and add to icing avoiding using too much colouring.
Dip the sprig of fresh lavender into lightly beaten egg white and coat with Huletts Castor Sugar. Leave to dry completely.
Hint: There are several different size muffin tins available. It doesn’t matter which one you use, just be aware that the smaller sized tins will take less baking time as the much larger tins will require longer baking time.